Work With An Attorney Who Is Dedicated To Your Recovery
Attorney Joseph M. Romero is a former insurance defense lawyer who now dedicates his life to representing people injured in accidents in New Mexico. He knows that even though vehicle accidents are very common occurrences, the circumstances of each are unique. Most importantly, he knows that the accident is not commonplace for you. Depending on the severity of the injuries, you and your family may never be quite the same.
He understands that this is a confusing and frustrating time. He works hard to recover the damages accident victims need for lost income, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. Find out how he can help you move forward after an accident involving:
- Passenger vehicles
- Large trucks and other commercial vehicles
- Texting/distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
If you were hit by a car or truck while driving or as a cyclist or pedestrian, you may have a personal injury case against the negligent driver. Joseph has the experience to accurately evaluate your case and determine liability.
Cars Vs. Trucks
Cars, minivans, SUVs and pickup trucks are passenger vehicles. Semis, 18-wheelers, tankers, construction equipment and delivery vans are commercial vehicles. When accidents between these two vehicle types happen, the results can be catastrophic.
The size and weight of most commercial vehicles vastly overwhelms a passenger vehicle. This typically causes serious or fatal injuries to the people in the passenger vehicle. Injuries may include traumatic brain injuries, severe burns, amputations, crush injuries and more. Wrongful death is also common in these types of accidents.
In addition to the nature of the injuries, truck accidents are complicated by federal laws that apply to commercial vehicles that travel beyond state lines. Your lawyer must have experience in this area of law to adequately protect your rights. There will likely be multiple negligent parties in a trucking accident case. The driver, the company that owns the truck, the company that services the truck, the crew who loaded the truck: these are all potential negligent parties. It takes a very savvy personal injury attorney to sort all of these issues out.
What To Do After A Vehicle Accident
Take the following precautions after an accident:
- If you were in a vehicle accident, call the police. Let them know if you need an ambulance. Get immediate medical care either on scene or at the hospital.
- If you can safely do so, take photos of the accident scene, including both vehicles.
- Do not give statements to the other driver or an insurance company. You could provide information that they may use against you later.
- Contact your insurance company, but do not accept a settlement without talking to a lawyer.
- Speak with an attorney as soon as possible so they can get started on your case for compensation from the negligent party.
Don’t Wait Until The Medical Bills Pile Up – Get Help Today
Motor vehicle accidents with injuries will cause hardship to the injured person and their family. Why wait until the situation seems desperate? Your consultation is free, so call Joseph M. Romero Law in Albuquerque at 505-835-1892 or complete a brief contact form today.